Friday, October 6, 2017

Travel Agent .. Me?

After movie no. 5 and close to more than 10 hours on this Trans Atlantic flight from Doha to Buenos Aires, I have started to get the familiar feeling. That this journey simply doesn’t seem to end. I have been here and done this many a times and it amazes me that even now the 17 hours to Buenos Aires from Doha seem to be so long.
So here I am doing what I have done on my previous flights after having the waters, seeing the movies, talking to my tourists (comes at the end of the hierarchy), writing. This might end up in the ‘documents’ section without actually going online like many of my previous in flight ‘out of boredom’ and sort of ‘hey don’t be lazy write something’, kind of scribbling.

The continent of South America is where I am headed and this might be the first year where I would take three journeys in a year. It is not about the numbers. Well, just a little bit, but it is more about how much this continent and what I feel for it has made me do things here. Especially in the past 6 months.

I choose not to use this space to talk about my profession and just keep it to the idea of travel, but hey, travel is my profession. Like in one of the movies I saw sometime back, the actor says to some guy, “hey what do you think, I am a travel agent or something’?
Why is travel agent such a not so upto it kind of a term in my vocabulary. Why, when someone asks me, “hey, what do you do for a iiving”? do I say, “oh I travel for a living” and not simply reply as “I am a travel agent”. Well, I kind of think a travel agent just issues air tickets and makes travel arrangements and I like to create. Create an itinerary which will change the way a traveler perceives a country.

I have had my share of doubting the above but I mostly sleep well at night knowing that I am not just a travel agent.

Well, I had said I wouldn’t speak about my profession. And here I am. But what does one speak of when that is all one has been at?



No comments:

Post a Comment