Sunday, June 3, 2012

Budapest .. Personal


Budapest .. A city I still cant figure out. One ,because I simply haven’t spent quality hours there and two ,I really don’t know. It’s a city I feel incomplete about ,not in it but in me. It’s a city where I always long for more. I cant explain this ,as I really don’t know what I feel about Budapest. But whatever it is ,it is enchanting.

After Vienna which is just 4 hrs away ,Krakow which is 6 hrs away and mostly after visiting Prague ,for everyone Budapest seems like a little let down at the start. Much like the Europeans who land in Mumbai for the first time. I mean the buildings are not as grand as Vienna ,the central sq is not even there forget it being as huge as Krakow. The old world charm of Prague exists in corners. You would check in your hotel and wonder what you would do for 2 – 3 days which would be different, than what you’ve already done in the neighbouring countries. 

Day one ,is a little dazed. It is only on the afternoon of day 2 that you start to get a glimpse out of it. It has to be the central market with the paprika and the sausages hanging. Not to mention the cheap beer flowing .. It is an instant hit in a traveler's mind. It’s a reminder that you are in Budapest. To end it ,there has to be the Danube .the wonder river of East Europe. All the things in between are  a personal choice.

It is much like meeting a person for the first time when he is not exactly what you think is his best, but then he is always like this ,suddenly you realize it,  that you always wanted to meet someone like this one.   Then parting ways on a good note. It is personal .. Budapest is personal for me and I believe it is for the many that arrive here.

The locals have something in their smile. Even this I cant explain.. Sometimes its nice that one cant explain coz to just feel is enough .. and to feel is lucky !

Budapest would leave you with a feeling .. It wont hit you .. but will stay with you !

No comments:

Post a Comment